Economic and Financial Lead
The main function of this position is to develop financial reporting, ESG integration and/ or green financial solutions. The Economic and financial lead will be tasked to initiate, build, engage, advocate, maintain and enhance the sustainability performance of the targeted financial institutions towards the best practices available. The EFL is expected to be independent and reliable in maintaining the quality of work in the following supporting activities such as research, risk analysis, develop and refine existing material using the latest science/business case/ facts that are recognized in the market.
RESPONSABILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide guidance on IFRS and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting requirements, strategies and processes.
- Implementation of current and emerging ESG disclosure frameworks, including guidelines from SASB, GRI, TCFD, and MENA countries’ taxonomy.
- Development of sustainable finance risk tools and ESG risk frameworks.
- Development of innovative solutions across the regulatory, risk, data, decarbonization agendas.
- Analyzing new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Conducting statistical analyses to quantify risk, using statistical analysis software or econometric models.
- Ensuring compliance with the sustainable finance governance structure and environmental and social risk management policies.
- Confer with traders to identify and communicate risks associated with specific trading strategies or positions.
- Ensuring quality execution of project planning and pricing through delivery and closure.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which clients operates, and their regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Developing and nurturing deep and quality relationships with strategic clients.
- Implement end to end integration of ESG data and tools across wealth and asset management, insurance, banking and capital markets.
- Driving collaboration with the global team on sustainable finance tools and initiatives.
- Keeping up to date with the latest financial products and regulatory changes.
- Meeting all regulatory requirements.
SKILLS & NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE
- Deep experience and understanding of financial services in domains across risk management, operations, structuring or asset management
- Working knowledge of sustainable finance products, together with practical experience in navigating sustainable finance solutions
- Knowledge of shariah compliance and ratings frameworks.
- High awareness of industry frameworks, research papers with deep knowledge in one or more domain (i.e. decarbonization solutions, ESG regulations, ESG data, climate risk stress testing, sustainable finance product strategies).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Highly organized with demonstrated project management experience
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience in financial services, consulting for financial services and/or strong experience in sustainability and ESG solutions.
- Project management certification is a plus
- Sustainable finance certification or Masters is a plus
- Good understanding of corporate finance/capital markets/asset management
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use, no rigid working hours
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are often organized all over the year, such as weekly sports sessions, team building events, monthly drink, and much more
A full-time position
Attractive salary package.
12 days / year, including
6 of your choice.
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and