Lead Sustainability Specialist
As a Lead Sustainability Specialist on our team, you will help assess next generation energy and technologies as well as carbon drawdown strategies to improve efficiencies and reduce environmental impacts, including Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, by guiding the design, evaluation, and management of government and private sector sponsored Research and Development (R&D) programs. Your insights will also help inform our clients about emerging carbon markets and technology needs to help support them. You will be responsible for determining environmental impacts through the development and use of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and management of a broad range of product and material issues including certifications. The role also works with internal communication, marketing, and sustainability teams to position and translate technical information for internal and external use. On our team, you will broaden your skill set in consulting services areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Global product life cycle assessments including product carbon footprint.
- Calculate the carbon footprint of companies and products according to relevant government requirements, standards, and protocols. (ISO14064, GHG Protocol, etc.).
- Research and monitor carbon industrial information, carbon policies of specific countries, and relevant commercial opportunities
- Conduct carbon-related information and data collection and work out carbon industrial reports.
- Identify and seek new businesses in the carbon service & offset project market
- Plan and project carbon-related services to corporates and governments (Carbon project registry, carbon asset consultant, carbon credit management and offset, etc.).
- Lead or support carbon credits portfolio, carbon sustainability verification projects for companies.
- Provide information on how the climate crisis presents risks and opportunities to our business operations, and develop constructive solutions to minimize the risks and maximize the opportunities.
- Provide specialist climate and environmental advice such as carbon reporting guidelines and emission factors to inform appropriate stakeholders and clients.
- Write business cases and strategic papers linked to carbon reduction methods, including formulating and maintaining up to date related policies in liaison with appropriate key internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote a coherent and harmonized approach to addressing environmental and climate considerations in ICPM Group consulting projects and activities.
- Review and control quality of the environmental and climate assessments for clients, focusing on compliance with the environmental and climate related requirements, good practices
- Keep abreast of the latest scientific and regulatory information, conduct research to provide technical advice and recommendations for internal knowledge sharing and in support of beneficiaries, clients and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the safe and compliant delivery of waste management services across sites.
- Management of waste arising from projects across all companies and clients’ sites ensuring service and financial performance levels at all times
- Preparation of project quotes and reconciliation of project invoices.
- Provide expert waste advice to all waste producers, in conjunction with other team members.
- Using national waste strategy and policy to inform plans for waste collection, disposal, minimization and recycling.
- Management of client relationships and expectations. Maintain formal and informal communications with Clients, Customers, and suppliers through sound management processes, effective communication and honesty.
- Interest in and understanding of environmental and sustainability policies.
- Previous experience with designing and delivering trainings and in developing guidelines in the field of environment and climate change will be considered an advantage.
- Experience of managing an outsourced service contract.
- Ability to quickly identify likely environmental impact hotspots with a brief description of a new or proposed technology or process.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness when dealing with uncertainty and ask insightful questions that challenge traditional thinking.
- Possession of excellent organizational, client service, and analytical skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Sustainability, Environmental Engineering or carbon-related areas.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Sustainability and carbon industry.
- 5+ years of experience authoring technical papers, reports, or program plans for technical and non-technical audiences on research pertaining to LCA using a variety of allocation and impact assessment methods.
- 2+ years of experience in postdoctoral, academic, or industry roles related to chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, environmental engineering, LCA consulting, EPD development, or net-zero carbon negative manufacturing.
- Experience in key phases of the project cycle and relevant methodologies (e.g. feasibility studies, cost estimation, Cost benefit analyses, Environmental impact assessment, climate risk vulnerability assessments).
- Experience of managing an outsourced service contract
- Knowledge of registry requirements (CDM, VCS, GS standards, etc.), project methodologies, international governance frameworks.
- Experience in research towards emissions quantification, building life cycle inventories, and identifying opportunities for emissions reductions through modeling.
- Have a science- and metrics-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- Have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs .
- Have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills.
- Have demonstrated high levels of teamwork, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and quality, self-motivation, determination in managing complex analytical challenges and problem-solving skill
great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use, no rigid working hours
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Several activities are often organized all over the year, such as weekly sports sessions, team building events, monthly drink, and much more
A full-time position
Attractive salary package.
12 days / year, including
6 of your choice.
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and